Vegan cupcakes are a surefire option for those who love sweets. And homemade baking is one of those things in the kitchen that can hardly be beat. Whether it’s because you can better control the quality of the ingredients or because it’s the best way to eat it freshly prepared, nobody usually resists a good sponge cake or a few cookies.
Some recipes, like this one for these vegan cupcakes, have even more benefits. Their format is easy to grab and take away, they cook faster than a sponge cake and if they are stuffed with jam as in this recipe, they are an infallible sweet.
Time: 15 minutes of preparation / 18-20 minutes of cookingDifficulty: Easy
Ingredients for 9 to 12 units of vegan cupcakes
- 2 ripe bananas (about 200g)
- 250 ml of vegetable soy drink or your choice.
- 300 g of wheat flour.
- 2 teaspoons of chemical booster or baking powder.
- 75 g of sugar of your choice.
- 75 gr of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 80 g of strawberry jam.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Start by peeling the plantains and cutting them into medium pieces. Mix with the vegetable soy drink, the teaspoon of lemon juice and the sugar. You can use the dry sweetener that you like the most, sugar, panela, erythritol, whole sugar… Once we have a fine cream without lumps, set aside.
- Sift the flour with a large sieve with the baking powder so that it is well hollow and airy.
- Add the cream from the mixer, the olive oil and mix so that there is a paste with the ingredients well integrated.
- Prepare cupcake molds with a few paper capsules. If you want to place the dough directly in the pan, you need to coat them with a little margarine and a little flour so that the dough can come off once the muffins are baked.
- Place the dough in the moulds, without exceeding two thirds of its capacity and bake at 180˚C for 18 minutes.
- The dough should rise and brown on the surface. Check that the inside is cooked with a stick to see if the inside is curdled or still moist. Let cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, beat the jam until fluffy and use a syringe or long nozzle with a sleeve to fill the cupcakes with the strawberry jam. You can take advantage of the cracks on the surface of the muffins to inject the jam or do it from below so that the hole is hidden.
- Decorate the surface with icing sugar and serve.
This vegan cupcake recipe is ideal for a good snack with friends or as a healthy snack for children.