Living tiles: a unique concept.
A living tile is a vegetated tile. A tile covered with sedums. Easy to install on sloped roofs; ventilated and water repellent like a normal roof.
The advantages of a tile combined with all those of a green roof, a green roof. The advantage of natural insulation and the beautiful appearance of plants combine with the comfort of a tiled roof.
Due to its size and weight, the Living Tile is designed to be completely comparable to a conventional tiled roof. The living tile is as heavy as a normal tile. Since the tile substrate and sedum mix adhere to the green tile, roof pitches of 20º to 55º are achievable.
Any sloping roof can be made with a living tile.
Live tiles can be used in conjunction with existing tiles and accessories such as ridge tiles, corner tiles, bird’s eye tiles, gutters, etc.
The living tile is a tile equivalent or directly interchangeable with a fast tile. A green tiled roof retains the advantages of a tiled roof, ventilation and sealing.
The props are then designed as “props without green”, i.e. not as specific live tiles. The living tile can be fixed with a tile hook. It can be used in new construction and renovations.
How to make a tiled roof?
A tiled roof is made in the same way as a normal roof. The green tile is placed exactly the same as a normal tile and also fits perfectly. The tiles are the same as a standard rapid shingle. The distance between the top of the lowest slat and the top of the highest slat can vary between approximately 32 and 36 cm. The live tile hangs from the upper slat and rests on the lower slat. That’s all we need to know.
In short, as simple as a normal roof.
- The “wet and full” weight is approximately 4.12 kg per live shingle.
- Number of live tiles per m2 of roof: 9.7 units.
- Applicable on a roof pitch of 20º to 55º.
- Covered with a sedum blend carpet and tile substrate over moisture-dispersing fleece.
- Water retention on a roof with a 30º slope is approximately 42%.
- The CO2 compensation is approximately 2.97 kg/m².
- Dimensions: length 42½ cm; width 33½cm; thickness 7 cm (standard measurements for conventional tiles).
- The distance between the upper slats is 36 cm.
You can find more information about this manufacturer: www.groendakpan.nl