the Juniper oil It is a highly coveted essential oil, it has great medicinal applications, highlighting its use as a disinfectant.
This oil is extracted by steam distillation from its leaves and fruits, obtaining a 100% pure and high concentration oil. You can make homemade oil by maceration, it’s very simple. The concentration and purity will not be the same but it can be used to take care of the skin.
What is juniper?
the juniper It belongs to the Crupessaceae family, it is known under the scientific name of “Juniperus communis”. These are bushes that are about 2 meters high. Its flowers appear in spring and bear fruit in autumn.
the juniper berries They have been used as a medicinal resource in many cultures for many years, it is a powerful antiseptic, used to disinfect the skin.
Benefits and properties of juniper essential oil
Properties antiseptics juniper with well-known properties, but also:
- Pain relief.
- Stimulant and antiseptic
- On the skin, it is used on oily skin
- It is used in creams, lotions, massages or aromatic baths
Types of juniper oil
They are mainly marketed two types of juniper essential oil:
- fruit or juniper berries: obtained from berries.
- juniper branches: obtained from the fruit.
In terms of therapeutic properties juniper berry oil is the most indicated.
👌 Uses and applications of Juniper Oil What is it for?
We will use this oil topically, previously diluted in another base oil, and by inhalation using our aromatherapy diffuser. The most frequent applications are:
- Disinfect wounds and skin: 3 drops mixed with almond oil will be enough to keep the skin clean.
- Help to sleep: You can use our diffuser with 4 drops of this essential oil, or apply in massage on the forehead with 2 drops with a little olive oil.
- reduce muscle and joint pain: Gently massage 4 drops of juniper essential oil with argan or olive oil.
- Lower it inflammation: for sprains or strains apply 4 drops of juniper oil mixed with argan oil, its anti-inflammatory power will do the rest.
- to erase bad smells: it is a very aromatic oil, put the diffuser in the living room with 5 drops of this oil, and it will leave a pleasant aroma in the whole house. it is also used to scare mosquitoes and other insects.
Reduces pain and inflammation
Its properties soothing and anti-inflammatory They are ideal for this purpose. It can be used as a massage oil. Always previously diluted in a vegetable oil. Its use will help us reduce muscle and joint pain. Additionally, it can be used to reduce inflammation in sprains and strains.
Can also be used as mouthwash, mixed with water, to reduce toothache and reduce gum inflammation. With 4 drops will be enough.
Treat your skin and reduce cellulite and water retention
In the south, a great natural astringent, will help fight excess oil on the skinimproving its appearance and reducing the possibility of occurrence of pimples and acne.
Used on areas of water retention and cellulite, we will be able to reduce them little by little, and also eliminate orange peel. It is not an immediate effect, it must be used daily for a few weeks to notice results. The quantities to be used is best to follow the recommendations from each manufacturer.
As for the skin, the essential oil of juniper berries will help us reduce excess oil in hair. This will give us a better appearance in the hair, making it easier to comb and wash it. Additionally, we will get:
- deletion possible lice.
- to diminish dandruff.
- Strengthens hair and reduce the fall.
Aromatizes the environment and repels mosquitoes
Are there bad odors in your home or work? Have you tried air fresheners, but they don’t work very well? juniper oil in addition to being a powerful flavoring, it is antiseptic, which will help disinfect the environment so that bad odors do not return. With 4 drops in the aroma diffuser, it will be enough to impregnate the environment with a intense and pleasant aroma.
It will also be possible to scare away annoying people mosquitoesavoiding their bites.
How to make homemade juniper oil?
We can make oil with enough purity by distillation, but the necessary items can be expensive and hard to find. Also, you need to have some scientific knowledge that most of us might not have.
Another way to do it is to macerationvery few materials are needed, and this way you can make oil out of almost anything.
If you have a distillation kit where you can get it I leave you an explanatory video of how to make your homemade essential oil:
You can also buy your own distillation kit and make the essential oil yourself:
Distillation of laboratory essential oils,…
- ● Perfect sets for organic chemistry labs, distillation, fractional distillation, separation, purification and synthesis. It can be used as experimental teaching aids, alcohol, essential oil distillation.
- ● All jars are made from 3.3 borosilicate glass, hand blown and polished for a perfect fit. Comes with everything as pictured.
- ● Good thermal stability The coefficient of thermal expansion of glass is very low and can withstand strong temperature variations.
- ● high-quality thick production, high temperature, temperature up to 500 degrees, let you worry-free experiment.
- ● Comes with box and foam to hold all components.
⛔ Contraindications and precautions to take into account
juniper oil it’s not toxic, but like all essential oils, due to its high concentration, certain precautions must be taken. It is advisable to try a small amount on the arm and check that there is no allergic reaction. Once done, it is recommended to always use it diluted in another base oil such as olive oil.
It is necessary that keep away from children to prevent accidental ingestion.
Women Pregnant and in time baby should be careful when using it, read the leaflet and consult a doctor if in doubt.
*Each brand is different, so it is important to read the instructions for use.
☝ Where to buy Juniper Oil at the best price?
Essential oils can be purchased from herbalists, natural perfumeries, aroma stores, and even supermarkets like Mercadona. It is not always easy to find them, and their price is a bit high. That’s why my advice is Shopping onlinethere is more variety of oils, brands, it’s fast and a lot less expensive. Here are some good options:
👇 YOU CAN SAVE THIS ARTICLE ON PINTEREST 👇