The Geranium oil It is a pale yellow to green essential oil. It is extracted from the flowers and leaves of the geranium by steam distillation, obtaining a highly concentrated and 100% pure oil. It is possible to make your homemade geranium oil by brewingyou just need to follow these steps.
In aromatherapy, geranium oil is one of the most appreciated and used, its aroma does not leave you indifferent. It is ideal for relaxing body and mind.
- What is Geranium?
- 👌 Uses and applications of Geranium essential oil, what is it for?
- Geranium oil for weight loss. Reduces cellulite and water retention
- Is geranium oil prohibited?
- ⛔ Geranium Oil Contraindications and Precautions to Consider
- ☝Where to buy Geranium Oil at the best price?
What is Geranium?
The geranium It is known by the scientific name of “geranium”, it includes a wide variety of species. It belongs to the Geraniaceae family.
They are considered herbaceous plants and are very appreciated in gardening for the beauty of its flowers. A large planting of geraniums forms beautiful landscapes and very striking, ideal for private and community gardens.
Benefits and properties of geranium oil
This oil is widely used for its benefits and important properties, besides its great perfume. The most recognized properties are:
- Relaxing and soothing.
These are not the only properties, but they are the most recognized.
- Balancing and invigorating
- It is used for mature skin and excess sebum.
- In massage therapy, it is often used to improve the appearance of cellulite.
The main chemical compounds contained in the essential oil of geranium are: citronellol, geraniol, citronellyl, nerol, linalool, etc.
👌 Uses and applications of Geranium essential oil, what is it for?
Geranium oil is commonly used for inhalation thanks to our aromatherapy diffuser. If you don’t have one, it’s time to buy it. Another common method is to gentle massage, previously diluted in a vegetable oil. I will separately name its most common applications, but the other applications are:
- wipe off bad smells of the house: we put our diffuser with 4 drops of this oil and we will eliminate bad smells.
- Anti mushrooms: We apply a drop directly on the mycosis of the nails and feet.
There are other good apps. I recommend reading each brand’s prospectus and learning about each one.
Geranium oil for weight loss. Reduces cellulite and water retention
Geranium oil is used to lose weight, although this essential oil is not really going to make you lose weight. You will only achieve this with a low calorie diet and physical exercise. But it is true that this natural oil will help you reduce water retentionremove the cellulite and improve the appearance of the orange peel.
You should mix 4 drops in a carrier oil and apply it on the affected area with a gentle massage. The carrier oil can be, for example, jojoba oil.
Skin care. reduces wrinkles
Their cosmetic properties for skin and face are very popular in the world of aromatherapy. Its regular use will help:
- Reduce expression lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrate and nourish the skin.
- treat the acne and reduce its occurrence.
- Improve the appearance of the little ones scars.
Helps to sleep better
We can apply 5 drops in our essential oil diffuser. Not only will we be able to eliminate bad smells, but it will also help to:
- Find sleep.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
Geranium oil for the bust Does it help the chest to grow?
There are no studies that have shown this use, but it is frequently used to increase female breasts. 3 drops should be mixed in a carrier oil and applied to the chest as usual.
How to make homemade geranium oil?
Geranium essential oil is made by steam distillation, for this you need a distillation kit and some time. But there is another way to make it faster by brewing. The oil obtained does not have the same purity and concentration, but it can be used in many hair and skin treatments.
What do we need?
- Freshly picked geranium leaves.
- Olive oil.
- Strainer. (Preferably ceramic or glass)
- Glass jar with hermetic closure.
Not to follow
- We wash the leaves of the plant well and dry.
- Place in the mortar and crush to release its oil.
- We pass the crushed leaves and all the liquid obtained in the glass jar.
- We cover with olive oil.
- Keep tightly closed in a dry, dark and cool place for about 1 month.
- Strain it and transfer it to another glass jar.
This form is the simplest and most artisanal. we can always distil our own oil with a homemade distillation kit. If you want to go deeper, you can find more information in the article on making a homemade still.
It’s really simple, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and the instructions in this video and that’s it. If you don’t have a distillation kit you can buy this one i have and you can make essential oils of anything you want.
KITGARN – Stainless Steel Water Distiller for…
- Sufficient Capacity: This moonshine still provides you with 8 gallon fermentation capacity. Barrel of…
- Rapid Cooling: The distillery kit adopts an open cooling method. The copper coil has a…
- EASY TO USE: The alcohol distillation kit features a real-time thermometer on the lid, with a display…
Is geranium oil prohibited?
Clearly no, it’s an oil 100% legal and safe. You can use and buy it without worries. Likewise, it is important to take into account the contraindications of its use.
⛔ Geranium Oil Contraindications and Precautions to Consider
This oil is safe as long as it is used correctly, for this it is recommended read the manual and follow them as directed by each manufacturer.
It is recommended dilute beforehand with an oil base such as olive or argan oil. Before using more of this oil, it is a good idea to test a good amount of it on your skin and wait a few hours to rule out any allergies.
It should not be ingested or applied to the the eyes or mucous areas.
In case of pregnant and children young age, its use should be restricted, unless otherwise specified.
☝Where to buy Geranium Oil at the best price?
These essential oils can be difficult to find in physical stores because there are not many stores. I prefer to buy them always onlinethere is more variety of brands and sizes, in addition, it is fast, comfortable and quite Cheaper. I leave here an interesting selection in case you are interested:
👇 YOU CAN SAVE THIS ARTICLE ON PINTEREST 👇