we will tell you how to make oil of oregano at home and how to use it to take advantage of all the health properties of oregano. Oil of oregano not only has culinary uses as many might think, on top of that it has countless uses for cure ailments, against fungi and other conditions.
how to make oil of oregano
Preparing or making oil of oregano is easier than you think and it will only take you a short time to prepare it. Like rosemary alcohol, it’s great to always have it prepared and on hand in our herbal home remedy kit.
We will show you the ingredients to prepare 200 ml of oregano oil. If for some reason you want more quantity, just multiply the quantities proportionally.
- 50 gr of oregano leaves without flowers.
- 200ml olive oil, can also be made with almond oil .
- A glass jar with a lid
How to Make Homemade Oil of Oregano for Mushrooms and Other Uses
Now let’s see how to make oregano oil for mushrooms and many other uses.
- We wash the leaves carefully to remove insects, organic remains and any impurities, then it is important to let them dry.
- To extract all the properties of oregano, it is essential to crush the leaves with a mortar or similar utensil.
- We can now place them at the bottom of our glass jar
- Pour in the oil, making sure that it covers all the oregano leaves up to the indicated 200 ml. If the jar is too wide and does not cover it, you must change the jar or add more quantities.
- We will put our jar in a bain-marie for at least 10 minutes, so that the oil and the oregano mix all their properties. Simply add water to a pan without covering the pan and turn on the heat until it begins to boil.
- We cover the jar and leave it for at least 2 weeks in a dark, cool and dry place. The ideal would be in a pantry or in our medicine cabinet.
- After two weeks we can already filter the oil and remove the oregano leaves, we will have it ready to use both in our meals and in medicine, to treat fungus and other conditions.
Once the oil is ready, it is not a bad idea to know all the benefits and properties of this fundamental oil in our medicine cabinets.
Properties and benefits of oregano oil
As we mentioned above, oregano oil can be used to season foods, giving them a different and pleasant touch, but it is not only used as a dressing for our dishes, but it is also useful for much more thanks to its many advantages. for health. It has many benefits to fight ailments.
This spice has the particularity and properties of preventing the oxidation produced by free radicals, which are the cause of cellular aging, for this reason and thanks to a published study ( Oxidative Medicine and Cell Longevity ) concluded that this oil has antioxidant properties.
Oregano helps us fight bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus and Bacillus cereus, thanks to its components such as carvacrol and thymol, a natural alternative to fight them as mentioned in a publication of the International Journal of Dentistry.
It is important to clarify that this study also reveals that it serves as a complement to other pharmacological antibiotics and not for exclusive use in the fight against bacteria.
As one of the most important components of oregano, we have the previously mentioned carvacrol which not only helps us fight bacteria but also helps us protect the body against certain viral infections that cause diarrhea, nausea and stomach pain, such as norovirus. All this supported by a study published in Journal of Applied Microbiology.
Other Properties of Oregano Oil
- Eliminate fungi, such as candida albicans, salmonella, E. coli, ringworm, staphylococci, vaginal infections, etc.
- Eliminates viruses, such as the flu
- It has an anti-inflammatory action
- Boosts the immune system
- relieves cough
- Improves skin infections
- It is a very powerful antibiotic
- Fights free radicals and delays aging thanks to the antioxidant effect
- Eliminate germs
- Prevents the development of intestinal parasites
- Calms pain thanks to its analgesic effect, so it is very useful for sprains, low back pain, arthritis or toothache.
Additionally, when consumed, oil of oregano contains countless vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B-group, C and E, as well as minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron , potassium and calcium.
Zane Hellas 100% Oregano Oil Undiluted Oregano Oil…
- UNDILUTED 100% GREEK OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL – A superior oil of the most well-known and indigenous variety of…
- RECOGNIZING THE PROBLEM: Our immune system is under constant attack, especially when you feel…
- CARVACROL IS KEY – Carvacrol is the main compound in oil of oregano. It has been studied and analyzed in…
How to use homemade oregano oil
According to the use that we are going to give to our oil to fight against the different ailments, we will apply it in one way or another. If we want to take advantage of all its vitamins and minerals, the ideal is to use it in our meals as a vinaigrette or as a food supplement.
Oregano oil can be used by applying it directly to the area we want to treat or by ingesting it as we mentioned before.
For bacterial infections, the ideal is to consume it in a glass of water by diluting three drops of our oil.
If we have muscle pain, sprains or rheumatism, the ideal is to rub our hands with a small trickle of this oil and massage the affected area in a short time we will notice the relief and the effects of this oil.
If we notice effects or symptoms of flu or colds at the beginning of the discomfort, we can consume 6 drops of this oil about 3 times a day before meals.
For toothache we can apply 3 drops of oregano oil on a gauze and rub the area of the teeth where we have pain.
For fungal infections, apply the same as for bacterial infections, 3 drops of oil in a glass of water.
Important: Its use is NOT RECOMMENDED during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
👇 YOU CAN SAVE THIS ARTICLE ON PINTEREST 👇