How to make homemade strawberry jam, recipe with or without sugar. Quick recipe, natural strawberry jam and pasteurization.
The strawberry, a tasty fruit with a thousand properties. Think strawberries have been included among the superfoods that “they keep us younger“.
Strawberries should never be missing in our house: they are easy to plant and can give us great satisfaction with abundant fruit production.
Strawberries, in addition to being used in the preparation of cakes, pastries, fruit salads… can become excellent jams.
quantity per 100 grams
- calories 278.
- total fat 0.1g
- Saturated fatty acids 0 g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 32mg
- Potassium 77mg
- Carbohydrates 69g
- dietary fiber 1.1g
- Sugars 49g
- protein 0.4g
- Vitamin C: 8.8mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Magnesium: 4mg
- Calcium: 20mg
Strawberry jam, classic recipe step by step.
Have you thought about having breakfast with strawberry jam made with your own hands?
If you can’t grow them, buy locally grown strawberries that are in season.
Choose strawberries with a bright, uniform red color and a petiole that is well attached to the fruit.
To make strawberry jam, it is important to use strawberries that have not been chemically treated. If not, you can clean them with this trick.
We will make this strawberry jam recipe with cane sugar, however, if you prefer, you can replace it with white sugar.
- 2 kilos of strawberries.
- 600 grams of cane sugar.
- A lemon.
- Clean jars that can be sealed tightly.
How to prepare it.
How to store and store jam.
Put the date of preparation of the strawberry jam on an adhesive label and stick it on the jar.
Store in a cool place, away from light and humidity.
Once the jar of jam is opened, it is placed in the refrigerator and consumed within a week.
Strawberry jam without sugar.
Those who prefer a lighter, sugar-free strawberry jam can follow the recipe we offer below.
The only thing to be aware of when making sugar-free strawberry jam is to use fully ripe fruit. Also in this case it is a natural recipe, without preservatives or refined sweeteners.
- 500 grams of ripe strawberries.
- Lemon juice.
- 1 ripe apple.
- Half a teaspoon of ginger powder (optional).
- Wash the strawberries well and cut them into cubes.
- Peel and cut the apple, still in cubes.
- Add the lemon juice and leave to stand for one hour at room temperature.
- Pour the strawberries and the apple into a saucepan in which you will need to add half a glass of water.
- Cook over low heat for about 40 minutes. If you prefer, add a little ginger and mix.
- Pour sugar-free strawberry jam into sterilized glass jars.
- The apple, more than a sweetener, will serve as a thickener: it is a source of natural pectin. In the strawberry jam recipe without sugar, you can try substituting a carrot for the apple, the result will have a sweeter note.
How to pasteurize homemade strawberry jam.
Strawberry jam, whether prepared for children, with cane sugar or without sugar, can be subjected to a home pasteurization process.
The process is simple. Once the jars are filled with strawberry jam, close them tightly. Put the jars in a pot of water.
Make sure the water completely covers the jars. Bring to a boil and wait 50 minutes.
Cool the jars in boiling water. Once removed from the pot, turn the jars upside down to create a vacuum.