If you’ve ever dreamed of living independently and owning the food you eat, a home greenhouse can be a big step towards that goal. Having your own vegetables and vegetables, from the kitchen garden, is undoubtedly the best way to control what you eat.to know that the food in your home is as natural as you want it to be.
And to think that you can create your own greenhouse to grow your own food by investing just $50 is amazing.
But for this you will have to recycle and reuse many materials to use.
If this option does not convince you, we offer another option, which consists in building a greenhouse with a wooden structure.
Here you will find out how to make a greenhouse in an easy way.
The design that we propose is offered for free by this site, where you can find very complete instructions to be able to make a greenhouse step by step of about 15 square meters, but which can be adapted to make it larger depending on the space that your garden allows. .
The main materials for building your own greenhouse will be pallet wood, you will need to start saving pallets over time, bamboo canes, nails, and greenhouse plastic.
How to make a homemade greenhouse for $45
You will need to start by cleaning the area where you are going to install it. We will make a trench around the entire contour of the land we have chosen. It must be about 40 cm since it must support a pallet vertically.
It is necessary to join pallet to pallet to give robustness to the structure. We can use suitable pallet boards and nails.
Once the structure of the pallet has been made, the idea is to have a central wooden “beam” where the reeds that will be taken from the sides will pass.
Then all you have to do is place the plastic and fix the assembly.
In the video you have the complete instructions:
Benefits of greenhouses.
- Speed up production: they establish good conditions for the development of our plants, due to the isolation from the outside.
- Increase performance: it is increased by 2 to 3 times compared to the open field, in hydroponics it can be 10 times higher.
- Fewer problems: Crop protection minimizes weather damage.
- By saving water: Drip irrigation is normally used in greenhouses, which is a great saving in irrigation.
- Better pest and disease control: its tightness is the key to good control of pests and diseases.
- We can grow all year round: The air conditioning inside the greenhouse allows us to grow crops all year round without problems.