The carnation of the air or tillandsia are plants very different from those to which we are accustomed, also called air plants, they receive this name because naturally in their habitats they are usually found in raised places far from the ground, there are endless ways to hang the eyelet from the air.
CARNATION AIR TREATMENT
The care that we must apply to the carnation of the air, are very simple but essential so that the plant can grow properly in our home. Among its main treatments we can highlight:
- Aerial carnations should always be in lighted places: Being a tropical plant, the air carnation needs to be in contact with the sun’s rays, but not directly, as it would burn its leaves, but it must be located in a well-lit space with natural warmth.
- Keep Air Carnation away from excessive heat : Temperature is an elementary factor in the growth of aerial carnations. If you live in a place with a temperate and humid climate, your plant will grow in perfect conditions both outside and inside your home. However, if you are in a warmer, sunnier location, we recommend storing it indoors, with good ventilation and light, where it won’t be in direct heat.
- Humidity is essential for tillandsias: Since this plant feeds on nutrients from the environment, outdoor humidity is extremely important for it, so we must maintain daily watering during the warm months and intermittent watering 2-3 days a week in winter. It is essential that they are ventilated while remaining humid. Do not expose it to temperatures below 10 degrees: As we have said, it is a temperate climate plant, so it does not tolerate excessive cold very well either. Keep it indoors in the winter and avoid constant cold drafts reaching it as they may affect it negatively.
It is also important to know that by not having soil, the air plants feed in another way, the food to grow and develop is taken from the leaves, so it is necessary to apply spray irrigation or even add liquid fertilizers to feed it. Another way to water would be by immersion from time to time. Because of these peculiarities, they are also called air plants or carnations.
HOW TO HANG THE AIR EYELET
To hang the aerial carnation you don’t need much, your tillandsias probably don’t have many roots so we already know that we don’t need soil to hang them.
You can tie your aerial carnation to a trunk with a nylon thread so that it is hidden or even if you don’t have one you can take advantage of a woman’s stocking.
You can also hang the tillandsia with a thin, hidden rope or piece of wire from a wall or window, they look really great hanging from a wall.
One option for hanging your aerial carnation is to put it on logs on the beach or even on the bark of fallen trees, they look amazing.
Putting your tillandsias between stones is also a great way to hang it, look for stones with odd shapes or holes and your airy carnation will grow little by little. It is very good to add mousse to the composition if you can.
Another option is to tie them with a fishing line and hang it from a hole in a wall.
ORIGINAL IDEAS TO HANG THE AIR CARNATION
The good thing about air plants is their versatility to put them in any space, we can really put them in a piece of cork or even in a glass sphere or on stones, the options are endless and really the limit is in our imagination. So we leave you some simple ideas for hanging the carnation in the air:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARNATION AIR
In addition to being an ideal plant to decorate the house and give life to those spaces where the touch of nature makes the difference, air carnations can be used to treat different types of health problems. Did you know
It is said that among its main applications we can find:
- It is an excellent antispasmodic, it can therefore be used in abdominal, menstrual and colic conditions of different origin.
- It has diuretic properties , so it helps to control high blood pressure and reduce edema caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body. Because it exerts a relaxing action on the digestive system, it also helps to improve constipation problems and balance appetite. To take advantage of these medicinal properties, it would be enough to drink a cup of infusion prepared with silver and its leaves. You can also use the extract of its flower, which is basically commercialized and depends on the number of drops we take, we can perceive its benefits in our body. Taking 3 drops every 8 hours has helped us improve our ability to focus and retain.
- On the other hand, 4 drops every 6 hours can serve as a natural soothing, helping us reduce anxiety and stress levels, which would make it easier to fall asleep at night. There are accounts that indicate that the Incas, Aztecs and Mayans used virtually all parts of Tillandsia for food, protection, medicine, fiber and ceremonies.
BAD LUCK AIR CARNATION
Like all plants, the carnation of the air also has its detractors and it is that according to El feng shui ( a Chinese philosophical way of life that seeks to exert a positive influence on people and the spaces they occupy) you should not have this plant in your home or living space.
According to these ancient beliefs it’s not practical to have it inside the house since it absorbs the good energy that circulates freely and harmoniously in our home. By absorbing the positive energy, only the negative energy will remain around us.
WHERE TO BUY AIR CARNATION
The aerial carnation or Tillandsia aeranthos We can find it in many stores or nurseries in our city, but the price of the air carnation can vary depending on where we are going to buy it, it is usually around the price between 5€ and 10€ per unit, so buying a lot with several aerial carnations of different varieties can always be a good option, like this one that we leave you here.
To offer Plant in a box 5 aerial plants Tillandsia -…
- The 5-piece set consists of 5 different Tillandsia pieces. Mixed varieties are random. Tillandsia Ionantha Verde, Tillandsia Andreana, Tillandsia Ionantha Rosea, Tillandsia Schiedeana multiple, Tillandsia Brachycaulus, Tillandsia Cotton Candy, Tillandsia Espinosae, Tillandsia Capitata, Tillandsia Bulbosa and Tillandsia Argentea.
- Indoor plants are usually placed in a pot or as a bouquet in a vase. Air plants are an exception: they filter the substances necessary for survival from the air. Therefore, they are not anchored to the roots in the ground, but absorb the necessary nutrients and water through their leaves.
- Since they filter all necessary nutrients and also water from the air, they especially like rooms where the air is not too dry. They are ideal for decorating the bathroom, since the air humidity is particularly high. The location of the plant in relation to the sun is considered a general rule: the grayer and rougher the leaves of the Tillandsia, the more sun it likes. If it is juicy green, it prefers shade.
As you can see, the carnation of the air is a plant that, in addition to being beautiful, showy, easy to maintain and perfect for decoration, also has very beneficial properties for our health and for purifying the air. environment, making it one of the best plants for all types of homes.
👇 YOU CAN SAVE THIS ARTICLE ON PINTEREST 👇