Renewable energy is today. The growing interest in investing in this sector is not surprising. For example, given the high costs of electricity, it is increasingly common to find people and organizations choosing to install solar panels to reduce energy costs.
However, there is still a lot of reluctance or misinformation about the use of green energy. Continuing with the example of solar panels, we have a general idea that this type of infrastructure is very expensive and is considered a luxury that only a few can access.
Reality tells us otherwise. The price of solar panels has come down in recent years, making them more and more affordable for everyone. Moreover, in less than 5 years, you can recover the investment.
One of the main advantages of installing photovoltaic solar panels is a saving on your electricity bill of between 40 and 60%. As if that were not enough, a solar panel allows you to produce green energy for more than 25 years.
Now that you have a clearer idea of what solar panels represent, in this article we present the costs and requirements to install them in your home or business.
Solar Panel Pricing Considerations.
In order to set a price for a solar panel, you must first know certain aspects, such as:
- The price of solar panels. The price of a solar panel will depend on its quality. Remember that when we buy a better quality product, normally the price to pay will be higher. However, durability and performance are also increased.
- Installation size. In the case of installation, the higher the purchase volume, the lower the prices.
- Subsidies. Since 2019, they have started helping people interested in installing solar panels in their homes, managing to reduce the price between 30 and 50%.
This is how the price of solar panels is set. In the following lines you will learn more about the cost of installation.
How much does the installation of solar panels cost?
There is no universal price for the installation of solar panels, it will depend on the type of use that will be given. For example: a simple to install solar kit with a panel and a small battery can cost less than 300 €. For its part, an industrial type that can be used in a company can cost up to €50,000.
In other words, the price of the photovoltaic installation depends on the supply to be covered and the type of photovoltaic installation.
Once we understand the factors that determine the total cost of installing solar panels in your home, you will ask yourself: How are solar panels installed?
- The first step is consider suitable space, preferably on a roof, your own space or shared with a neighbour. Panels can be installed in homes, businesses, industries or agricultural facilities.
- The second step is to go with a expert for your installation like AutoSolar. Any installer of electrical systems is capable of carrying out the installation. But for more confidence, you can seek the assistance of a company specializing in solar panels.
- installation time. This type of work is done in one or two days. Regarding the administrative procedures, they range from a few weeks to a few months.
- Amortization. The investment is amortized within five years depending on consumption and as long as approximately 60% of the production of the kit is used.
- Panel Duration. Panels are becoming more durable. The average lifespan is about 30 years.