Discover the best ecological and economical cleaning products. Cleaning our home without toxins and without waste is much cheaper than with conventional products. The secret is to bet on simple cleaning products that fulfill many functions: Marseille soap, baking soda, vinegar or lemon. Discover how easy it is to make your own cleaning products for a zero waste home.
- Why use ecological cleaning products?
- Does a floor care product really have to be toxic or irritating?
- How to make your own homemade ecological cleaning products
- 3 homemade organic cleanser recipes
Why use ecological cleaning products?
We offer you an exercise. Do a quick scan of all the cleaning products you have at home and look at their labels: corrosive, toxic, oxidizing, irritating, harmful, dangerous for the environment… These are usually some of the warnings that appear on all or almost all cleaning products.
Conventional cleaning products are toxic and potentially dangerous.
Besides being harmful to the environment, they are also harmful to us. The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that these types of conventional cleaning products are a big source of volatile organic compounds, potentially harmful gases, such as benzene, formaldehyde or toluene. Causing, in some people, diseases such as allergies, headaches, skin irritations, asthma and blurred vision. I recommend this article on the harmfulness of cleaning products.
Does a floor care product really have to be toxic or irritating?
Nope! Fortunately, there are more and more ecological alternatives. Cleaners based on raw materials of vegetable origin, with high biodegradability, not tested on animals and packaged without plastic. Sustainable alternatives to clean your home without polluting. Toxic-free, residue-free cleaning. Natural, inexpensive and plastic-free cleaning products!
You can buy ecological cleaning products in bulk, in specialized stores, online shops or you can make your own cleaning products at home. You don’t need a lot of ingredients and it’s easier than you think. We share with you 5 recipes for making ecological cleaning products at home.
How to make your own homemade ecological cleaning products
If the time and you want it make cleaning products at home And just so you know exactly what they have, here are the four basics you need: lemon juice, vinegar, Marseille soap, and baking soda.
Ecological and economical ingredients
- Lemon juice. The citric acid in lemon acts as a natural cleanser thanks to its low pH and antibacterial properties. It is a powerful degreaser, it also leaves a very pleasant smell of cleanliness. It also works as a stain remover and disinfectant.
- The vinegar. A versatile ingredient, indispensable in our cleaning cabinet. It is used to eliminate limescale, degreaser and disinfectant. [10 Usos del vinagre para limpiar la casa]
- Organic Marseille soap. Made with 72% olive oil, without perfumes, colorings or preservatives. It can be used as an all-purpose cleaner in multiple recipes or as a mild laundry detergent. [7 Usos del jabón de Marsella]
- Sodium bicarbonate. Sodium bicarbonate is a water-soluble, deodorizing and descaling compound. A basic ingredient for a more eco-friendly, minimalist and zero-waste cleaning. [6 Usos del Bicarbonato de sodio]
3 homemade organic cleanser recipes
These are products composed of substances that are harmless to the environment. In other words, the compounds must be biodegradable and cruelty free (Not tested on animals). To identify whether a cleaning product is environmentally friendly or not, just look at the components.
LEMON Flavored Vinegar. Multi-Surface Cleaner
Put 500 ml of white or apple vinegar in a jar with the lemon zest. Close the jar and let it sit in a dark place for a month. The more time passes, the stronger the aroma will be. After this time, pour the resulting liquid into a glass bottle with a sprayer for easy use.
You can use this citrus vinegar to clean windows, mosquito nets, taps, tiles… And also as a fabric softener. EYE. Do not use on marble surfaces. Before using on delicate surfaces, test in a concealed area.
Eco-friendly powder detergent
For this homemade organic washing powder recipe, you can grate 200g of Marseille soap or use flakes. Mix the two ingredients, to obtain a finer consistency you can run the mixture through a food processor. Store the detergent in a closed glass jar. To use it, you just need to put two tablespoons in the washing machine box.
Eco-Friendly Pipe Cleaner
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- Hot water
This ecological, natural and homemade drain cleaner will help you keep your pipes clean and fight against small blockages. It’s very easy to use. Pour the baking soda down the drain first, then the vinegar. Leave the mixture to act for 15 to 30 minutes. Heat 2 liters of water and pour it after the waiting time. If the jam persists, try again.
There are hundreds of easy and 100% eco-friendly recipes to clean every corner of your home with just these four ingredients. Ecological and inexpensive cleaning products to clean your home easily and safely.