the earth day It is one of the most beautiful and ecological expressions we have. For him April 22, 2022 On Earth Day we offer you to spend a day celebrating precisely our love for the earth, and for this reason various acts are organized that allow us to celebrate this day in a special way, clearly showing our commitment to the environment, the earth and the environment that surrounds us.
when is earth day
When is Earth Day? Every year the April 22 in the year 2022, it will fall on Wednesday, is celebrated around the world on earth day and it is that in 1970 an environmental movement began where 20 million Americans took to the streets to fight for a healthy environment.
After this event, politicians were made aware of the importance of nature and the fact that it must be taken care of, which is why the United States Environmental Protection Agency . This association is in charge of the laws to have clean air, drinking water, the conservation of endangered species…
April 22 is a key date for all countries to reflect on caring for the Earth, we should be more concerned about pollution, animals, plants and the environment.
What is Earth Day and how is it celebrated?
Earth Day or International Mother Earth Day, Earth Dayis celebrated every year on the day April 22which in this 2022 will be a Wednesday.
The promoter of this day is the United States Senator Gaylord Nelson, who decided to establish this day raise awareness of common issues that affect us around pollution, biodiversity conservation and other environmental concerns to protect the Earth.
The United Nations recognizes that the Earth and its ecosystems are the home of humanity, in the same way, it is convinced that if we want to achieve a fair balance between the economic, social and environmental needs of present and future generations , it’s necessary promote harmony with nature and the Earth. That’s why they decided to designate April 22 as “International Mother Earth Day”.
This day is when, in one way or another, everyone realizes that we need to celebrate and take care of the planet. It is a date that reminds us that we all need to do our part to move the planet forward. Climate change is a fact, so although for many political leaders it seems like the problem is a bit far off, it’s the day they also get the warning that it’s time to change and do something taking care of entire communities, animals and humans around the world.
This April 22, 2022, the opportunity to promote International Mother Earth Day and thus to achieve new actions to combat climate change.
In this way the April 22l, like every year, More than a billion people in 190 countries take part in this Earth Day.Cities like San Francisco, San Juan, Brussels, Moscow or Marrakech, “dress in green” in demonstrations for the Earth and as actors such as citizens who plant trees, clean up their communities and contact their representatives environmental protection policies.
We in our town, community or village can perform all kinds of actions and activities like a celebration, and incidentally to unite to take care of the planet all together at least for a day.
Earth Day, how to celebrate it?
We ourselves, and in addition to participating in the events that are organized in all countries, we can celebrate Earth Day in an ecological way and in a particular way. doWhat can we do? Well, we can do small things that together make big things. Here we leave you with some tips that you should follow to improve the situation of our planet Earth.
- Recommend to a friend to switch from incandescent lamps to energy saving lamps.
- You have to talk to people about benefits of renewable energyand how bad fossil fuels are for our world.
- Advise everyone to disconnect their internet connection for a day and spend almost no electricity.
- another idea is to plant a tree. And invite your friends to do the same.
- Teach children to appreciate and take care of nature. And on the importance of biodiversity.
- Play with the children in the street. Take advantage of this day to teach them, for example, the importance of taking care of the environment, but not from home or from a computer.
- Tell that person who threw trash on the street to pick it up and throw it in the trash can.
- To recycle, and encourage your friends to do the same. Let you know what is biodegradable and what is not.
- Do not use plastic bags, and if they have to be used, it is better to recycle them. You can use the ones they give you in stores as trash bags. You can spread these ideas among your friends. Thousands of animals will thank you.
- It can spread among those who don’t know what global warming is and what association it has with climate change.
- Take the opportunity to do something social cleansing. On this day, some organizations devote themselves to offering different places that need to be cleaned up but are abandoned.
- Calculate your carbon footprint. Using a carbon calculator, you can find out what your personal contribution is to global warming and, in this way, remedy and reduce your own pollution.
- You can also explain to your friends what greenhouse gases are and how they affect our planet by causing global warming.
- As far as possible, avoid using polluting transport. It is better to use the bicycle to get to the near places, and if for the nearest ones, walking.
- Do you practice a sport. We have already advised you to get out of the house, or to become aware of the outside around you. Playing a sport will allow you to keep your feet on the ground while getting in shape. Who knows, maybe you’ll get used to it and thanks to Earth Day you’ll start to take better care of yourself and your environment.
- You can also choose to change your cleaning products because these contain a good number of chemical components, so maybe it’s time to start making your own cleaning products, and with that, you will be able to pollute less.
- On the other hand, we can also try new eating habitsand in this way you may want to stop eating meat and other derivatives, as well as processed foods and try vegetarian food.
- Share your Earth Day selfie on social media or other media. On a day like this, you will surely want to be able to take pictures of everything you do. Now is the best time of all to take the obligatory “selfie”.
- Start thinking about switching to a Electric car.
- Make every day Earth Day. To do this, there is nothing better than committing to taking care of your planet on a daily basis. Sometimes the small actions of everyone together are the ones that lead to big changes.
It’s not a joke, it’s not an exaggeration. Over the past 35 years, we have lost a third of the world’s wildlife. Yes, a third. It’s a lot.
Let’s take care of our planet, and let others take care of it too. This is why in this earth daydo something for a change, even if it’s something as small as one of those 10 points we’ve listed.
Phrases for Earth Day 2022
We are going to help ourselves through sentences of writers and poets who wrote praising the Earth and wanting to take care of it to raise awareness among the entire population, we present to you the best phrases for Earth Day. These phrases were spoken by philosophers, politicians or writers among many people.
- The earth is insulted and offers its flowers in response. Rabindranath Tagore (Bengali poet)
- Humans don’t know what they have on Earth. It will be because the majority has not had the opportunity to abandon it and then come back to it. James Russell Lowell (American poet)
- Earth is a theater, but it has a deplorable cast. Oscar Wilde (Irish writer and poet)
- Land is the root and source of our culture. Rigoberta Menchú (UNESCO Ambassador)
- I wonder who gave us the right to waste our planet. Kurt Vonnegut (American writer)
- If I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree today. Martin Luther King (American minister)
- Nature is a spectacle that unfolds before man. Aristotle (Greek philosopher and scientist)
- The supreme reality of our planet is the vulnerability of our planet. John F. Kennedy (President of the United States)
- You must be the change the world wants to see. Mahatma Gandhi (Indian pacifist and politician)
- The earth loves our steps and fears our hands. Joaquín Araújo (Spanish naturalist and writer)
- If half of Antarctica melts, Wall Street, the financial capital of the world, will be submerged in water. Al Gore (American politician)
- A tree is our most intimate contact with nature. George Nakashima (American architect)
- Only nature performs great deeds without expecting any reward. Alexander Herzen
- It was first necessary to civilize man in his relationship to man. We must now civilize man in his relationship with nature and animals. Victor-Hugo
- Human man learned to master nature long before he mastered himself. Albert Schweitzer
- A society grows well when it plants trees that it knows will never benefit from the shade. greek proverb
- The dichotomy between development and sustainability is wrong. Without a planet, there is no worthwhile economy. Al Gore
Everything is not enough to make us realize that we are destroying the planet, it is not too late we can still save it, let’s celebrate Earth Day and fight to save it!
If you want to know more about the earth day, We have this other post that we have prepared and that will surely interest you: