Making a simple chicken coop that is also transportable is something very accessible to everyone. We do not need a lot of equipment or a large infrastructure, as we will see in the following chicken coop ideas.
Portable or mobile chicken coops are used both for those who want to have few chickens and be able to move them around the garden, and in this way they feed naturally. As in the case of those who have small gardens and want the chickens to help them, feeding on pests such as caterpillars, snails or slugs. In addition, chickens clean the area of grass or weeds and, incidentally, provide nutrients in the garden with their droppings, as they are a good source of natural nitrogen for the soil.
portable chicken coop
Normally these portable coops are designed for the hens to be in continuous motion. In this way we will ensure that they never run out of natural food, but they are also designed for their safety, so that no animal enters at night to attack them.
Some are designed to house a few hens and others to be in continuous motion. So we leave you 30 different ideas so you can choose the one you like the most and create your own portable or mobile chicken coop. Despite everything, we have another article where we explain how to make a mobile chicken coop with pallets.
EUGAD Outdoor Rabbit Hutch Chicken Coop Wood House for…
- Size: 85x147x53cm, suitable for rabbits, rodents or small animals
- Material: solid pine, the roof is covered with waterproof and corrosion-resistant tar paper, providing long-term protection
- With the tray, they are easy to clean, Suitable for outdoor chicken coops and hutches, guinea pig cages, it’s like a house for rabbits and chickens, full of soft environment
- This rabbit cage there are 3 stable wire mesh doors that can be closed from the outside to prevent animals from escaping
- Built-in ramps provide easy access to the upper level, providing ample room for pets
30 ideas to make a simple chicken coop
Mobile chicken coop with wheels
To offer Pawhut Outdoor Chicken Coop Wooden Chicken Cage…
- ✅ A LARGE SPACE TO MOVE: This chicken coop incorporates a fenced outdoor area, which allows them to move around without worrying about predators.
- ✅ COMPACT AND MOBILE DESIGN: With this chicken coop you can have your birds without taking up too much space. With 2 wheels that facilitate movement.
- ✅REASONABLE STRUCTURE: Includes a nest box that can be opened to easily collect eggs. Inside the house there are two perches for the hens to climb on. In addition, it incorporates a ramp that connects the house to the lower floor where they can run outside without worrying about predators, since it is fenced.
- ✅ EASILY ACCESSIBLE: The roof of the nest box opens to facilitate maintenance of the habitat. In addition, it includes a removable bottom tray to be able to clean it easily. It’s so easy to take care of your birds!
- ✅ TOTAL DIMENSIONS: 213 x 91 x 122 cm (LxWxH). Measures of the galvanized wire mesh 1x1cm.
To offer PawHut Outdoor wooden hutch 145x46x85 (LxWxH)…
- LARGE WOODEN HOUSE: Made of fir wood, it is strong and durable. Provide a stable home for your rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc. 2 floors allow your pets to run freely.
- OUTDOOR RUNNING: Enclosed with wire mesh fencing, pets can be kept safe indoors when running outside.
- Water Resistant Roof: Sloped and covered with asphalt, this cage prevents water from entering the house and causing damage. It is also UV resistant.
- EASY ACCESS: Features 3 locking doors and 1 removable tray, making it easy to feed your pets and clean the cage.
- MEASUREMENTS: 145x45x85 cm (LxWxH).
OTHER INTERESTING MODELS
Portable chicken coop for terraces
This model of portable chicken coop adapts easily to terraces, so that after a harvest, cleared of any pests, aerate the soil and feed it thanks to the work of our hens. In this video you can clearly see how to do it from scratch. It is not exactly the same model but it is very similar, with the difference that the one in the photo has two gripping strips:
Make a Simple and Portable Chicken Coop
As seen in all these examples of portable chicken coops with and without wheels, it’s a lot simpler than it seems at first glance.If you don’t have any chickens yet and are planning to have some, this type of simple chicken coop like the ones we show you in this article may be the best way to start.
The benefits of having your own pets are many. For starters, the quality of eggs is not the same as what you can buy in a supermarket. Not the taste, not the nutrients. In addition, it is almost impossible to know the state of the chickens at the time of their purchase, even if they assure you that they are chickens “in the open air”. And, one thing to consider, the amount of antibiotics, additives, and even yolk colorants that are added to eggs sold in supermarkets and mass merchandisers.
Another advantage is that you can give them leftover food, which will otherwise end up in the trash. Kitchen scraps can be a great source of nutrients, and chickens will love it.
As we mentioned above, another huge benefit of chickens is that their manure, called chicken manure, is a powerful natural fertilizer with a huge amount of mineralization. In addition to nitrogen, it will provide minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sulfur, improving soil quality.
We also mention another of the advantages of making a portable chicken coop for your garden, and that is that in terms of biological pest control (ticks, larvae, cockroaches, spiders, grasshoppers, crickets, ants) there is no of comparison. Chickens feed on almost any insect that moves between plants.
We hope all these green ideas help you and together you can build your portable chicken coop, do not hesitate to leave us comments on the blog and if you wish you can contribute ideas or articles, do not hesitate to send us a message. write to share your knowledge with us.